Canada Day Rendezvous – with the Culshaw’s [sic] rendez-vous, to meet (ron-deh-voo)
Contacts: Mary – firstname.lastname@example.org ; Len – email@example.com ; Randy – firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join us in Sedgewick Alberta to celebrate Canada’s birthday!!
Here is the schedule for Canada Day celebrations in Sedgewick (and our place)!
June 29 – 6 pm, Alberta Chuck Wagon & Chariot Association Races,
– Start of the Airstream weekend!
June 30 – 6 pm, Alberta Chuck Wagon & Chariot Association Races,
– enjoy a day of golfing, exploring our area (hiking and walking all available) or relaxing!
– Sedgewick Campground – join the Airstream party! Just ask at the office, or follow your eyes to the shiny trailers!
– the Culshaws will be out at the campground for the evening and most of the day (text 780-399-2309 if you have questions, comments that day)
– Pancake Breakfast 8:00 – 10:00 am @ Community Hall (4809 – 47St.) hosted by the Sedgewick Historical Society
– Canada Day Parade 10:30 am ~ Parade line up west of Bumper to Bumper 5002 – 48Ave @ 10:00 am – advance registration is not required.
– join the Culshaws at the corner of 49th Ave and Street (one block E of the health unit, house with lots of trees), after the parade the Culshaws will be hosting an open house at their place 5109 50th Street (come and go as you want! Please bring a chair to sit on and an app to share, BYOB) – Museum/Goose Creek School ~ Exhibits 9 am – 1 pm – Admission to Sports Grounds: Adults & teenagers /$8.00 (12 years old & under/Free)
– Alberta Chuck Wagon & Chariot Association Races: 2 pm onwards – Roast Beef Supper at Rec Center 5 pm ~ 7 pm – Beer Gardens at Rec Center: 11 am ~ 2 am – Free Canada Day Fireworks ~ 11 pm @ Riding Arena – can be seen from all over town. The Town of Sedgewick received financial support from the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage for the Canada Day fireworks.
Airstreamers and friends go home. 🙁
We hope you can join us for all or part of this weekend! Feel free to forward this to others you think may enjoy the weekend with us!
For those of you searching for some socializing …our house (and more importantly, our deck) is only a block from the action, so bring a lawn chair, something cold to drink and some food to share and relax the day away!!! If weather turns bad, then there is more than enough room in our house to have a party.
Here are the details: We have reserved 12 full service sites in the group area at Sedgewick Lake Campground, about a mile down the road, from June 29- July 2. With more available as we need them (either full or non serviced) but on first come first served basis. We will have our trailer at the campground so we can join in on the fun there! You can send an email to the campground now (CC me, so I can have an idea of numbers) and follow up with a phone call when the campground opens to confirm. The site manager is good with emails, since I have already booked the sites. Here is the link to the campground brochure and you’ll find the contact information inside.